Adrienne Elder, LMT, CMLDT
Hi, I’m Adrienne, and my pronouns are she/her. I’m a massage therapist for the Louisville Ballet, Treyton Oak Towers, Muscular Therapy, and A Therapeutic Touch.
Massage is joyful, rewarding work. I’m grateful for the opportunity it gives me to build one-on-one relationships with the people in my community and to improve the quality of their lives.
LGBTQ+ clients are #safeonmytable. I work with people regardless of shape, size, stature, age, race, ethnicity, citizenship, gender identity, or sexual orientation. If you have a health issue or disability, whether it’s physical, mental, or emotional, I am happy to make accommodations, and to coordinate with doctors, therapists, or other care providers to develop safe, effective sessions for you.
The main focus of my work is to ease discomfort and swelling due to repetitive strain, recent surgery, or complex medical issues.
I practice evidence-based massage. I keep up-to-date on the current research, and I modify my techniques and the information I share with my clients in accordance with it.
My knowledge of anatomy strongly informs my practice, and I continue to study and to learn more about the human body. This helps me to choose appropriate strokes and to deliver them accurately.
My massage style is influenced by Yoga and Tai Chi. From my Yoga practice, I bring breath, grounding, and stillness. From my Tai Chi practice, I bring balanced motion and strength in softness. With these elements, I am able to create smooth, flowing strokes, and to blend both power and gentleness into my work.
My technique also incorporates elements of sculpture and dance. This enables me to work with the body, rather than to try to force it. It brings beauty, lightness, and joy to my sessions.
Credentials and Memberships
- KBLMT Licensed Commonwealth of Kentucky Massage Therapist, LMT #108792
- NCBTMB Nationally Certified Massage Therapist, 621246-12
- ABMP Member #831216
- Institute for Psycho-Structural Balancing (IPSB)
- 550-hour Massage Therapist Training
- On-site Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- MLD Institute International
- Manual Lymph Drainage (Bachelor’s Level) Certification
- Greet the Day
- Oncology Massage Training
- Oncology Massage Practicum
- Infusion Center Practicum
- Heart Touch
- Compassionate Touch Training for End-of-Life Care
- LMT Success Group
- Certified Lymphatic Drainage Plus Practitioner
- Upledger Institute International
- CranioSacral Therapy Training
- International Cupping Therapy Association (ICTA)
- Certified Contemporary Cupping Methods Practitioner
- Santa Monica College (SMC)
- Associate in Arts degree With Honors